Friday, March 10, 2017

Book Review :: The Jesus Storybook Bible - Keepsake Gift Edition by Sally Lloyd-Jones, illustrated by Jago


With the new The Jesus Storybook Bible (Keepsake Gift Edition), there are just a few changes. The cover is a beautiful blue cloth-like textured hardcover with gold foil accents. The book is also bigger and offers larger page sizes (about 1 inch both in height and in width). The illustrations and text are all just scaled up (which means it offers larger illustrations and a larger font size), which is great for reading to a family and/or group. This edition remains the same thickness/page count as the previous editions.  
Our family started out with The Jesus Storybook Bible in the Deluxe Edition (with CDs) - and we have loved it! We keep the CDs in the car at all times and have loved reading the book together.

If you have not yet experienced The Jesus Storybook Bible - it is fabulous! It is a storybook Bible, so you need to keep in mind that this is written as a "story" and the author may take some liberties in descriptions of events, etc. What I love is that every story finishes with a tie back to Jesus. Even as an adult, I have learned from The Jesus Storybook Bible, and I love that my kids have it as part of their foundation. 

I would love to see the larger book size of The Jesus Storybook Bible (Keepsake Gift Edition) paired with the audio CDs as a set - that would be the best combination, in my opinion.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: