Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Book Review :: I'm Going To Give You A Bear Hug! by Caroline B. Cooney, illustrated by Tim Warnes

I'm Going To Give You A Bear Hug! is a fun book about hugs (& the animals that might give them in different ways). The book is available in both a board book version and a hardcover version. There really isn't much difference (between the obvious difference in page thickness), but there is one additional picture in the hardcover version (the first page of the story). 
The illustrations in I'm Going To Give You A Bear Hug! are really adorable. I think it's a fun bonus that each of the animals has the same polka dot pattern somewhere on them that the mom has on at the beginning of the book. What I love to do while reading I'm Going To Give You A Bear Hug! is to hug my child at the end of each hug description. The hug descriptions aren't necessarily something that will change the way you hug (how can you give a "knock over chairs, chase up the stairs" hug?), but it is fun to read and look at the pictures, anyway.

While I don't think that I'm Going To Give You A Bear Hug! is an "essential" on the book shelf, I really do enjoy it and my little one loves to read it. Hugging the ones you love is a good thing.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: