Friday, December 16, 2016

Prince of Peace Christmas Card Set {The Twinery}

Wow!
Christmas is coming up quick

While I do love many things about Christmas (especially the real reason for the season), the abundance of red is just not my style. So, going with a completely non-traditional color scheme of blues, browns, and golds, I created this watercolor Christmas card set:
Since I was creating a card set, I did everything assembly-line style. I started out by stamping the focal image on several pieces of watercolor paper. Next, I added a few highlights with some quick watercolor.
I then hand placed a few small star-shaped sequins, to give it a little bit of sparkle:
Once the watercolor panels were done, I adhered them to a variety of colored card bases that I created from some cardstock.
To finish it all off, I tied everything together with some of The Twinery's Solid Marigold twine. Twine is a great way to keep a stack of cards and envelopes together and ready for giving away, while still being able to see the card design. The bell added an extra holiday touch:
I hope you have a very merry Christmas!
Supplies: 
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Marigold);
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink;
Watercolor Paper: Canson (Watercolor 140# Cold Press);
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (Prince of Peace);
Ink: Ranger (Archival - Jet Black);
Other: Martha Stewart (Sequins);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Scor-Pal (Scoring Board);

No comments: