Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Book Review :: The Look and Tell Bible illustrated by Dawn Machell

I'm just going to start this review out by saying: get yourself (and your friends) a copy of The Look and Tell Bible
It.
Is.
Adorable.
The idea behind this Bible storybook is both classic and innovative. I haven't come across many (or any, that I can quickly recall) children's books that are done in this format and yet seeing it instantly takes me back to childhood. On the left hand page of each two-page spread in The Look and Tell Bible, there are large labeled pictures of the characters/ideas from the story. (For example: a picture of a man with the name "Noah" beside it.) On the right hand page of each two-page spread is a short Bible story, with small versions of the pictures in place of the words in the story. 

The pictures in The Look and Tell Bible are adorable (as you can tell from the cover image) and the stories are short and simple. My one year old is drawn to this book more than others on our bookshelves, and it keeps his interest. The Look and Tell Bible would even be great for beginning readers.

The Look and Tell Bible has definitely become an instant favorite in our household.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: