Friday, April 8, 2016

Quick & Easy Garden Markers {The Twinery}

Hello! 
Today I wanted to share these quick & easy (& cute!) garden markers with you. 
I started by taking some craft sticks and snipping one end to a point with some heavy duty scissors. (Please don't try this with your standard pair - it will surely throw them out of whack.)
Once I had the points completed,  I got out my stamps and ink. I stamped each stick with a single large letter (for example: 'r' for rosemary), but you could easily stamp a whole word or just write it on with a marker. One thing you will want to keep in mind is to use a waterproof ink or marker, otherwise an "April shower" could make your label vanish.
After I had my markers marked, I took a little bit of solid twine (I used Caribbean, Strawberry, Marigold, Peapod, and Lilac) and wrapped it around the top of the garden markers to add a fun pop of color.
Quick & easy, and ready to stick in the dirt. 

Have a great day!
Supplies: 
Twine: The Twinery (CaribbeanStrawberryMarigoldPeapodLilac);
Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Cold Coffee Alphabet); 
Ink: Ranger (Archival - Jet Black);
Other: (Jumbo Craft Sticks);
Tools: Tim Holtz (Scissors);

No comments: