Friday, March 4, 2016

Lazy Girl String Art {The Twinery}

You may remember my "Lazy Girl's Cross Stitch" project from awhile back...and today this lazy girl is back with some "Lazy Girl String Art". 
(Well, I guess it's technically twine art.)
I love the fun string art that is popping up everywhere these days, but even though I am a carpenter's daughter, I am not really one to bust out the boards and nails for a small home decor project. 

But I did have some canvas boards and a heavy duty hole punch, so I decided to give it a whirl...
I started by drawing simple heart shapes onto the back of my canvas boards (I used some dies I had and traced them, but you could easily freehand them) and then used my heavy duty hole punch to punch some holes along the traced shapes.
I then threaded some of The Twinery's Solid Lilac and Solid Pink Sorbet twines through the holes and across the hearts. I finished off each heart by backstitching the outer edge, to make the heart shape easily visible.

Tip: If you are going to be doing a lot of threading on a project, invest a little bit of time into adding some tape to the end of the twine (like you would see on the end of a shoelace). It will make things go so much quicker and easier...and no fraying!
These are fun and easy to do, and make great decor pieces - just switch up the shapes and twine colors for a new look!

Have a great day!
Supplies: 
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Lilac, Solid Pink Sorbet, Limited Edition Rainbow Teal Shimmer - similar to Caribbean); 
Tools: We R Memory Keepers (Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite); Fiskars (Scissors);

No comments: