Friday, August 22, 2014

Thanks Card

I've got to admit: a lot of times when I create a card - it just ends up in a box...piled on top all of the other cards I've made...and it stays there until I have too many and then I give them away to someone who will actually use them. 
Sad, but true. 
I know I have heard of many other cardmakers who are the same - make a card just to do something creative, but then it just sits there. 

Sometimes, though - I will make a card with a specific purpose in mind...and actually give it to the intended recipient(s)!

This was such a card:
To create this card I started by putting strips of floral masking tape on a piece of cardstock, then I die cut it for my sentiment. I just love that Thanks die! I am going to get a lot of use out of that one.
And of course I love anything to do with mason jars - I don't know why they are so cute...but they are. I die cut the base of the jar from a vellum that has some sparkles in it, then die cut the lid from a silvery cardstock.
I then finished it off by tying the top of the jar with twine and adhering everything to the card base. It's a card that came together fairly quickly and I am pleased with the result.


Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies: 
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock (Brilliant White 130#, Green);
Vellum: Discount Cardstock (Sparkle Vellum);
Tape: Scotch (Floral Masking Tape);
Dies: Serendipity Stamps (Thanks Die); Papertrey Ink (Pint Jar Die, Jar & Lid Die);
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Pink Sorbet);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Scor-Pal (Scoring Board);

No comments: