Friday, November 22, 2013

Baby Shower In A Box

Today I wanted to share with you a fun idea for mailing gifts. I've created a "Baby Shower in a Box"...but this idea can easily be adapted to a "Birthday Party in a Box", "Bridal Shower in a Box", "Christmas in a Box", etc.
To start, I created an invitation...
Inside is the typical invitation stuff (For, Date/Time, Place, etc.), but where it has a place for the Date/Time, I wrote: "Right now"...and for Place, I wrote: "In this box".

I wanted to add in some decorations as well, so I created this banner (with my precious nephew's name)...
Each banner piece is a letter from his name stamped onto a shipping tag (which I first stamped with that cute argyle outfit), then I embellished it with some washi tape and strung it together with The Twinery's Gold Shimmer twine.
Then it was time to place it all in a box. I started by putting the gifts in first...
Then I added in some air bubbles to keep it safe during shipping (although I think some blown up balloons would have been more festive...I just couldn't find any in the right colors...until after I shipped the box, of course).

Then, I topped it off with the invitation...
...and banner...
...and it was ready to take to the post office.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Stella and Rose - Hattie 6x6);
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (Color of the Seasons - KOM 8/12, Frame this Alpha);
Ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa, Cantaloupe);
Twine: The Twinery (Gold Shimmer, Solid Denim); 

Other: (Shipping Tags); (Washi Tape);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Scor-Pal (Scoring Board);

3 comments:

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

you ARE the Tag lady.... very lovely! perfect baby shower stamp set

Miriam Prantner said...

Totally adorable! I LOVE how you used the sweater vest as the backdrop for the letters!

Kathy Skou said...

This is adorable Tifany!