Friday, May 17, 2013

May Flowers Challenge {The Twinery}


I like a challenge, but I also LOVE freedom to create my way.
It's the best of both worlds with The Twinery's challenges! 
You get a simple theme to get you started and then have the freedom to create whatever you want within that theme.
Here's the current theme:
For this challenge I was inspired by the seed packet stamp and decided to make a tag in my version of a seed packet. (I added in my own personal challenge to create a purple project since it is Lupus Awareness Month and today is "Put On Purple" day.) 
I stamped the image, added a bit of depth with Copic markers, and then scored and folded to create the "packet":
I cut a tag to fit inside and then added a reinforcement and eyelet at the top of the tag, then I used The Twinery's Purple Shimmer twine as the finishing touch - love it!

Be sure to visit the original challenge post on The Twinery's blog where you can get all the challenge details and enter your project to win a fabulous prize!

Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Purple Shimmer); 

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream);
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (Seed Packet stamp from Let Love Grow - Feb 2013 KOM);
Ink: Memento (Grape Jelly); 

Markers: Copic (Y32, 0);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Round N Round Squeeze Punch); Scor-Pal (Scoring Board);

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! I love that purple and the twine, great project!