Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Book Review :: Willing To Walk On Water by Caroline Barnett


Willing To Walk On Water by Caroline Barnett

Willing To Walk On Water by Caroline Barnett is a book that helped me to see some of the beautiful ways God is working in this world (mainly the ways he is working through the Dream Center).

I must admit that I expected a bit more out of the book than I got. I was hoping to see practical ways that I can let God's work shine, but instead I read practical ways that God's work has shone through the Dream Center. Not that that is bad, I just was hoping for a bit more about how I can put it into practice rather than what seemed to be a rather large advertisement for the Dream Center. (The Dream Center does seem like a truly wonderful place.)

There were some great stories in this book of how many people's lives have changed because someone else was "willing to walk on water", and that was wonderful to read.

My overall takeaway from the book was that there is a lot of social injustice in the world and there are many people that need our help right in our own community. We must be willing to help. There are many ways (small and large) that we can serve others and when we do serve we will be amazed at the many ways God will let that happen.

If you'd like to hear more directly from the author, please check out the Author Q & A. If you want to give it a try, you can check out Chapter One of the book.


FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through Tyndale House Publishers. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: