Friday, April 19, 2013

April Showers/Stripes {The Twinery}

I like a challenge, but I also LOVE freedom to create my way.
It's the best of both worlds with The Twinery's new challenges! 
You get a simple theme to get you started and then have the freedom to create whatever you want within that theme.
Here's the current theme:
Lately I've been on a bookmark-making kick and I just can't stop! 
For this challenge I started with a striped patterned paper and stamped the "April Showers" (which, of course, bring May flowers - so I added a flower, too!).
The Twinery's Blossom Iridescent Shimmer twine was the perfect way to top off this bookmark - I doubled up the twine and threaded it through the eyelet at the top of my bookmark, then took another doubled up length of twine and wrapped it around and tied a bow.
Be sure to visit The Twinery's blog where you can get all the challenge details and enter your project to win a fabulous prize!

Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Blossom Iridescent Shimmer);
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock (Brilliant White 130#);
Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy - Lucky Charm 6x6 pad);
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (Rain & Flowers);
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); 

Markers: Copic (C0, Y04, Y32, YR12, YG03, RV02);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper - 1/8" Round);


1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

This is adorable! Love the coloring and those great raindrops!