Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pumpkin Mini Album {The Twinery}

Around our house we've been getting into the holiday spirit...and while I can't deny that the new shimmer twines from The Twinery just beg to be used on your winter projects - I wanted to show that they are not just for the holidays. 

I've used The Twinery's new Platinum Shimmer twine to add a bit of sparkle to a Halloween mini album I created.
I started by using the twine wrapped around the cover and then wrapped the twine in various ways around each page of the album. 
I am relatively new to making mini albums and for now my secret weapon for easy albums is consistency. I will choose a few elements to use on each page (in a different arrangement) and it then all comes together very quickly.
(Tip: When wrapping twine around the edges of a mini album make a small notch where you want to place your twine with your scissors so it will be easier to keep in place.)

Thanks for stopping by - and I hope your holidays (and beyond) are filled with shimmer!

Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Platinum Shimmer); 

Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Indie Chic - Nutmeg 6x6);
Chipboard: Maya Road (Pumpkin Squash Coaster Album);

Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (October Calendar from October SMAK Kit);
Ink: Ranger (Archival - Jet Black);
Accents: Maya Road (Country Gingham Posies, Kraft Large Ticket Strips - White);

Paint: Apple Barrel (White);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Craft Knife, XXL Tag Lever Punch); We R Memory Keepers (Crop-A-Dile);


No comments: