Thursday, September 8, 2011

Explore. {Market Street Stamps}

{As seen today on the Market Street Stamps blog}

I have an absolute love/hate relationship with the red/teal color combo - it catches my eye...but for some reason my brain cannot comprehend how it goes together.
No matter what my brain thinks, sometimes I just can't help but use it for papercrafting...it inspires me!


This card started out when I was doing some simple coloring on a sheet of stamped images. I wanted to play with the idea of coloring this cute little camper with only two Copic markers. {Generally I use more than one shade of each color, but this was created with only two markers...one red and one teal.}

After I had my camper colored I needed to cut it out since it was surrounded by other stamped images, and after playing with layout options for the image and card I decided on this clean and simple design. 



So...what do you think about the red/teal color combo?
Love it? 
Hate it? 
A little of both?

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment...and thank you for stopping by today!


Supplies: 
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock (Posh Red Pepper Linen 80#);
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Gone Campin);
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black);
Markers: Copic (R27, BG15, E57);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Your coloring on that trailer is fab!

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

CUTE!!! i love that stamp! i needs it!!!

Rachel said...

I'm a huge fan of this! I love the color combination and how you connected the red in the trailer to the red of the cardstock. This CAS design is fantastic!!!