Friday, April 15, 2011

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

***Did you check out the Moxie Fab World blog today? One of my cards from the May/June 2011 issue of Paper Crafts magazine is featured today!***


Lately I've been creating a lot of projects using Core'dinations cardstock - today I'll be sharing 3 of those projects.
{You can see another recent project in yesterday's post and more to come in future posts!}

I love using Core'dinations cardstock because it is a nice, heavy weight and stands up to distressing without losing the strength you need to have a sturdy project.
I love all the colors and the fun lines {some of my favorites right now are: Whitewash, Vintage, Gemstones, Black Magic, and Chocolate Box}.
And I love the texture!
I am a big fan of textured cardstock and Core'dinations has a beautifully deep texture.

This gift box combines the Gemstones, Vintage, and Core Essentials cardstock.
I borrowed the color scheme from the patterned paper from My Mind's Eye and knew I wanted some sort of flower on top to go with the flower theme on the paper. Since this is a relatively thin box {1/2"} I wanted a low profile flower, so I did the lollipop style flower.
I added a bit of burlap fabric and burlap cord.
To give the project a little sparkle I added the pleated Gemstones cardstock, lightly sanding it around the folds and edges to help it flow with the rest of the project.
{I love the look of the Gemstones cardstock when it is lightly sanded in places. It still allows the bling to shine through but in a sort of vintage way.}


I started off to create only a gift box, but ended up adding some quick notecards to put inside. The notecards borrow the basic style of the flower on the box, but are created in a simpler form.


I used Scotch Core Essentials cardstock to create the main body of this gift bag and embellished it with a handmade flower. I took the style of the leaves printed on the patterned paper and mimicked those in the leaves that I hand cut to embellish the box. I love the effect that the two tones of cardstock created in the leaves.


I also created a set of four cards. The colors and the doily die cut elements are what tie the set together, but the style of each card varies. I was going for a very homemade feel to the cards, so I hand wrote each of the sentiments.


Here's a closer peek at each of the cards in the set:

I used the doily die in this card not only for the doily accents, but also to make that flower. I sanded bits and pieces to give it a distressed look.


{And it has a little surprise pocket inside for a gift card!}


Here I scored my own designs into the cardstock and sanded it to bring out the designs:


I layered in some torn strips on the front of the card and distressed the card base for a great worn look.


The star of this show is the torn edges on all those fun colors of Core'dinations cardstock. And of course there was some extra distressing, too. LOVE that Color Core!



Stay tuned to my blog as there will be more Core'dinations projects coming next week.

Thanks for stopping by today!


Box and Notecard Set Supplies:
Cardstock: {Vanilla Cream, Turquoise [Gemstones], Emberglow, and an unknown greenish color...a little lighter than Meadow} Core'dinations
Papers: {So Sophie: In Love - Splendid Surroundings} My Mind's Eye
Other: {Avignon - green tape} 7gypsies, {Tiny Attacher & Tiny Staples} Tim Holtz,{Ivory Rope Twisted Burlap} May Arts, burlap fabric

Gift Bag Supplies:
Cardstock: {Scotch, Amazon, Leapfrog} Core'dinations
Papers: {Gertie 6x6 Pad} My Mind's Eye
Tools: {Labels 15} Spellbinders, {Scoring Board} Martha Stewart
Other: Wooden button, Dark brown twine

Card Set Supplies:
Cardstock: {Vanilla Cream, Katydid, Aegean, Sun Coral, and an unknown orangey color...a little lighter than Tangerine} Core'dinations
Papers: {Mabel 6x6 Pad} My Mind's Eye
Tools: {Scalloped Sentiment Border Punch, Upper Crest Border Punch, Notebook Border Punch} Fiskars, {Scoring Board} Martha Stewart, {Floral Doily Motifs} Spellbinders
Writing Instruments: {Pigma Micron 05 - Brown} Sakura

My projects today were inspired by some of the recent challenges in the Moxie Fab World: Card Sets Challenge, Gift Card Holder Challenge, and the Gift Wrap Challenge.

12 comments:

cappuccino and colour said...

love your gift box Tifany. such lovely details on all your projects. good luck for the team.

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous cards, Tifany!! You showed off the cardstock so well. I love the one with the doily and the hidden pocket for a gift card.

CONGRATS on your Moxie Fab World feature!! I picked up my copy in the store yesterday and I LOVE all your cards in it. The fridge one is so amazing. WOW, so proud of you, Tifany!!

Glora said...

Beautiful projects. I would LOVE to see someone I know on the DT. Hugs- Glora

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

the surprise gift card holder inside the card is just too much, love it!

veronica said...

love the box with the flowers!

Kimberly Kett said...

Very beautiful cards!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tifany! Thanks for linking these up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tifany! Thanks also for linking this up to the Gift Card Holder Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tifany! Thanks also for linking this up to the Gift Wrap Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

CanadianScraps43 said...

Great job sweetie on this challenge! Love what you did with your card set and set holder! Wonderful ideas you have there!

www.relivingtomorrow.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I thought i was a lot pleased to show this guidance web-site.I desired for regards regarding benefit of the time in their fascination of it lovely

Caanan said...

Just found this post, as I was looking for ideas on gift card holders. Loved the one you had and used it for my inspiration on constructing mine. Thanks! The box and all the cards are beautiful.