Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tag, You're It!


I am very new into the world of tag making, but when I received the library cards from Kraft Outlet I immediately thought that they would be great for making tags.


For my first tag, I started out by cutting it to the size I wanted and adding some decorative cuts to the corners. Then I inked it up to make it look a little old and worn and used the coffee stain stamp to add a little more character before I stamped the focal image on the tag.


I added twill tying tape, baker's twine, and topped it with a flower made from some fabulous text weight kraft paper.
(Have I mentioned Kraft Outlet's great prices?)

I also made two matching tags (again using the library cards as a base). I stamped the library cards with flowers and leaves in different inks and then cut an additional 2 stamped images to layer on top of the base for some depth. I topped the set of cut out images with a center piece made from some of Kraft Outlet's text weight kraft paper and then finished off the tag with some ribbon and a flattened bottle cap.


I used a stamp to stamp the sentiment on some 1" Round Brown Kraft Labels (and since they are already sticky on the back I just stuck it to the bottle cap).


You might have noticed that the set of tags is sporting a little orange. Stay tuned for tomorrow's Orange Blog Hop! It will start at the Fiskateer Blog and you will hop by some fabulous blogs (including mine) for lots of orange inspiration (and maybe even some giveaways!).

See you then!


Kraft Outlet Supplies (Tag #1):
Library Card
Text Weight Kraft Paper
Twill Tying Tape
Baker's Twine

Other Supplies (Tag #1):
Distress Inks (Tim Holtz)
Black Pigment Ink (Rubber Stampede)
Marshmallow Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)
Coffee Stain Stamp (Inkadinkado)
3 Children on a Bench Stamp (Prima)
Fiskars Paper Trimmer
Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper - Stub Cut (We R Memory Keepers)

Kraft Outlet Supplies (Tag Set):
Library Cards
Text Weight Kraft Paper
Bottle Caps
1" Round Brown Kraft Labels

Other Supplies (Tag Set):
Petals from Scratch Stamp Set (Fiskars)
Chalk Ink - Yellow Citrus, Tangerine, Pink Pastel (ColorBox)
Chalk Ink - Tea Leaves (VersaMagic Dew Drop by Tsukineko)
Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper - Deco Cut (We R Memory Keepers)
Crop-A-Dile (We R Memory Keepers)
Silver Eyelets
Orange Ribbon
Fiskars Scissors

7 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Love the library cards and the flowers!!
7120

Tami Bayer said...

Love the library cards and your flower is gorgeous, too.

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post

My Louise said...

do you have directions for how you made the cute flowers? theyre great!

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am really happy to find this. great job!

Anonymous said...

Justified making my first post at inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com, which seems to be a wonderful forum!