Monday, October 26, 2009

My baby girl is growing up...


In less than a month, Lacie will be 6 years old. Crazy! She loves to do crafts with me and she tells me I "make good things", so I thought I'd make something for her.


This tin set from Creative Cuts and More sparked the idea of what to make for her. {Lacie loves anything with sparkle and I love that I was able to get this set and the bag cut in beautiful Bazzill Bling - the pictures don't do the beautiful shimmer justice.}


Since the accordion insert is six sections long, I decided to dedicate each section to each year of her life. I used some Heidi Grace rub-ons for the candles {the number of candles in each section corresponds with how old she was in the picture} and the other accents.


I sized some pictures of her so I could easily cut them out with a Fiskars Round n' Round Squeeze Punch {Medium}. I printed the pictures onto plain white cardstock and then topped them with some Glossy Accents to give them some shine and a bit of dimension. I placed each picture on Pop Dots over a Prima flower. I love that even with adding all that dimension to each section, the tin is large enough that everything still fits nicely inside.


Every little girl loves accessories, right?

Who am I kidding...big girls love accessories, too!

This bag is the perfect accessory for the accordion tin. The tin fits easily inside {and there is plenty of room for dimensional embellishments on top of the tin}, and I am sure Lacie will find lots of other things to stick inside this bag as well. I again used some Heidi Grace rub-ons and cardstock stickers to embellish the bag and topped it off with Stickles for some extra bling.

If you'd like to see other options for the accordion tin set or the many bags that Creative Cuts and More offers, be sure to check out the Diecut Diva blog! And be sure to come back soon as I reveal my final {and probably my favorite} project as October's Guest Designer for Creative Cuts and More...I will have it posted sometime this week!

3 comments:

Die Cut Diva said...

What great projects -- I just love the mini album in the tin.

scrapn_momof2 said...

An adorable project!! What a great momma you are!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful!!! I love it! I agree with Deb...what a great Mommy you are!!! :) hugs!