Monday, September 14, 2009

Just Beachy


Yep...it's another Bo Bunny project for me. I loved the surfboard paper from the Beachy Keen collection and just had to use it. I love the vintage look and the surf theme reminds me of my Dad.

Here are the papers I worked with:



I made a few surfboards out of "chipboard" {aka: old Trader Joe's Macaroni and Cheese boxes} and attached the paper to them and distressed them a bit. I use different things for distressing the edges depending on the look I want, and for this project I thought it needed some good little scruffy spots so I used some scissors to rough it up.


I hand cut the banner and wrote on the sentiment. I curled it for some dimension and attached it with FabriTac. I don't think I have ever used FabriTac on actual fabric {well, ribbon, I guess}...but I love it for paper projects!

I used the oval Coluzzle template and the Coluzzle knife to cut out the rounded pieces. I added the dots on the front of the card {and on the inside} using the Time Holtz Design Ruler and a Sharpie "Pen.". Not a Sharpie marker...they have a new pen called "Pen." It works great with the holes in the Design Ruler.

For a little extra embellishment inside the card I used the Fiskars Round n' Round Squeeze Punch to punch out some of the little accents on the paper. Here's a little peek inside...



Supplies:
Papers: Bo Bunny {Beachy Keen & Abbey Road}, Core-dinations, Georgia Pacific
Tools: Fiskars Round n' Round Medium Squeeze Punch, Tim Holtz Design Ruler, Coluzzle Oval Template, Coluzzle Knife, Fiskars Scissors
Other: Sharpie Pen., chipboard

7 comments:

Unknown said...

cute stuff

Laura C said...

Very cute Tifany!

jeany said...

Love it !!!!
Great work Tifany,I love your creativeness :):)

Jean

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tifany! Thanks for entering the challenge!

Jon in OKC said...

You make some really cool stuff!

Jessica said...

Very cute card and a clever way to use the pattern paper :)

Steph Zerbe said...

This card is so cool. Love the surfboards and the banner over them. And you decorated the inside...so cool!